Think I fried the tranny - TSB 03-22-10 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Think I fried the tranny - TSB 03-22-10

Wow, great VB diagram! That is really gonna help me out. Thanks!

I'll take a look on a better monitor, and print that out.

OK, I don't see any L pins associated with the TCC, so it certainly wouldn't seem my problem (P0741, TCC no fully engaging) is as simple as a missing pin.

Not sure what 'a line test that goes low in any gear' means. A pressure gauge hooked up to one of the taps? If it goes low, that means what?

Should I just go ahead and get a new TC put in? I just don't want to spend that $$$ only to find out that wasn't it and it was possible to diagnose it more properly. If there are ways to troubleshoot this more definitively, or cheaper things to try first, I'm all ears...

Russ... get me an email addy and can send you a little btter pic of that VB diagram.

The idea behind a pressure test is to see if you have adequate pressure to run everything. On the 5R you can test the main "line" pressure, AND the EPC pressure. If you have a gauge on "line" and shift into a gear and the pressure reads low, you can figure out what hydrulic componetns are on that circuit and by elimination get a pretty good clue where your leaker is.

I'm honestly mystified at your problems and wish I could help more.

email: russell_oppenheimer AT hotmail.com

OK, so a pressure gauge on one of the taps can tell me if the pressure is lower than spec. Will this tell me if there is a leaking TCC solonoid (or other leak that ould affect the amount of hydraulic pressure to the TCC)? What, I just wait till the TCC engages, and see if the pressure drops too much? Something like that?

You have the idea. I taped my gauge to my rear view mirror and drove with it a few days... helps to have a LONG hose.

I sent you the diagram as an e-mail attachment. May be clearer and you a\can enlarge it in any good photo program.

Back