third gen full interior swap (2002-2005) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

third gen full interior swap (2002-2005)

Anyone in the Prescott AZ area or with in bout 100 some miles?my wife has been bugging me to change our 05 xlt to a 3rd row. If anyone can help it would be great. I have tan leather interior. Email me at truckingdan@gmail.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sick!! I just finished mine today. But i need to get the heat going before the winter.

So I'm reviving an old post and looking for help as well. My 2004 XLS seats are just terrible and the drivers seat is stuck in the most forward upright position and I too would like to put a powered leather drivers seat in my ex. I know that there is nothing pre-wired or harness waiting in limbo in my explorer. Is there away to rig a line just to get the seat to function? Doesn't have to be fancy just functional...and comfortable.

I'm working on putting Mountaineer power/heated seats in my xls as well. It doesn't have any pre existing wires. I am thinking about trying to use a fuse tap to power the seat. (Here) They're pretty cheap and look real easy to use. Anybody used these before? Would it work?

If not, what's the recommended way to run new wires, straight to the battery?

Also, Kazer, what did you use to fill the holes in the floor? Would the plastic rivets from the auto parts store work or should I use some epoxy or filler of some sort?

Thanks

I'm working on putting Mountaineer power/heated seats in my xls as well. It doesn't have any pre existing wires. I am thinking about trying to use a fuse tap to power the seat. (Here) They're pretty cheap and look real easy to use. Anybody used these before? Would it work?

If not, what's the recommended way to run new wires, straight to the battery?

Also, Kazer, what did you use to fill the holes in the floor? Would the plastic rivets from the auto parts store work or should I use some epoxy or filler of some sort?

Thanks

Ford covers the unused holes with aluminum tape with a "tar" like substance on it. They don't always do a great job of covering the holes either.
Just remove and reuse the original tape if possible. Otherwise you could caulk them.

Thanks, Number4. The tape wouldn't come off in a single piece, so I can't reuse it. I will probably just use some caulk.

What year aviator seats would match up?

Back