This is REDICULOUS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This is REDICULOUS

that is messed up, send me a e-mail with what shop it is also

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What I want to know is did they find the Ex?

Hey Tev , tell me what your Ex looked like , I'll keep an eye peeled down here in Glen Burnie for it. If I see it , trust me , I will run him off the road and stick my size nine shoe right up his a**.
What shop was this did occour ?
Terrible news man , I hope thing work out for you.

maybe the service center had something to do with the stealing
i would figure if they werent part of it they would give you a break and at least not make you pay the 955$, just the actual cost for them.
just an idea

Man that sucks bro. As mentioned in an earlier post, if it was me I probably would have already gone pshyco on their a*s. Also look into the BBB to see if this shop has had any other problems with there businness practice's. Good luck man.:mad:

Also, even if they still have the keys, there's absolutely nothing to prevent them from making a copy and giving that to an accomplice. That way they still have YOUR keys, and can thus feign ignorance. Still, they are responsible. If I've learned one thing, it's that any liability release can be disputed. There is no absolute release for liability.

SH....T !! OK I will swear in french for you !!! nobody will know and it will do you good !! calisse d ostie de chien sale de tabarnac !! don`t ask to translate cause they will throw me out of here !!!!

you should call an attorney even if you get the keys back. just because they may not have left the keys in it, does not necessarily mean they their actions were not negligent. like others have said, if there is no fence, no lights, or if they just left the doors unlocked as a common practice, that might be enough.

only catch is that it will be difficult to prove if they left the doors unlocked. you know they'll deny it.

a lot of your case has to do w/ where this place is (high crime, etc....), whether it was night or day when stolen and if the owners had prior thefts on their lot or in the area.

the shop (or their ins. co.) will argue that the criminal acts of 3rd parties (the theives) obsolve them from liability. this however is not the case if the car was stolen in part due to their own negligence.... if they knew (or should have known) that is likely that a car would be stolen from the lot & they should have taken security measures to avoid thefts (i.e. fences, lights & locks).

and yes...definately don't pay them for the work (at least not yet) until a resolution is reached.

I had a friend who left his Mercury Cougar at the dealership for 2 weeks to get his head gaskets done. They gave him a loaner car free of charge so that was cool but when he went to pick up his car he noticed that his his glove compartment contents were on the floor of his car.

He didnt think anything of it because sometimes they look through there for your registration and stuff but when he got home he noticed that his passanger door lock had been picked. After that he popped open his trunk and noticed that two amps and a sub box were stolen.

He went back to the dealer and told them about the problem. Luckily he still had the reciet for everything purchaced. Mercury reimbursed him the full amount of everything stolen. Even though he signed a paper saying they would not be responsible.

His arguemnt with them was during business hours its fine to leave a car outside because there is alot of traffic coming and going but when the dealer was closed they should have put it inside the garage instead of leaving it outside. He got his money and replaced all the stuff and everyone was happy.

HEY,
I wouldn`t pay those guys a cent for the work they did! Unless you get the truck back then you haven`t received anything in the way of work, have you? You can`t even verify that any work was done. No way man, tell them you will pay when you get the truck back.

Back