This SeaFoam stuff is AWESOME | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This SeaFoam stuff is AWESOME

No.. the TB is what the intake tube connects to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks husky. also can someone post some pics of where the throttle body is and where i should be putting this stuff? and should i get the spray bottle if i'm doing it though the tb? thanks

Do you know what the air intake tube is? Follow it until it connects to the engine. The part that it connects to is called the throttle body. It's really very simple. Look on the underside of the TB for a vaccuum line and follow it out until it comes to a joint. Undo the joint, then put the end of the TB vac line in can and let it suck it out. Remember to have someone rev the engine to keep it from dying.

sweet, just what i needed to know. sounds real easy, use the whole can?

Preference really. It says to use 1/3 can but I never do. I usually use a half to a whole can. If it's the first time you've done it, I'd use most of the can.

my friend did the seafoam through the TB on his 97 camaro once, and he said the fire department almost showed up because it literally filled his entire street with smoke. lol

I apologize in advance for some many questions. but here goes, the SEAFOAM website says you can run it though the gas tank as well as where you pour the oil in. I havent seen any post where anyone has done this (using these methods), is the sole reason because it doesnt work the whole system; all cylinders etc.? thanks in advance!

Pouring it in the gas tank and crankcase is to do different things. I've used it in both the gas tank and crankcase and noticed nothing.

In the oil, it just helps to clean out deposits and stuff before you change it. In the gas, it just works like fuel injector cleaner and gas stabalizer. I always put it in 2 or all 3 of these things at the same time, so I wouldn't know what effect each had.

Back