Throttle Body | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Throttle Body

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Versailles, KY (Home) Poughkeepsie, NY (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
I'm looking into getting a new throttle body for my '94 XLT, and I was wondering if anybody had one to recommend or had any suggestions. Truckperformance.com sells BBK Single 66mm High-Flow Replacement Throttle Bodies. Any ideas about that one?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, the BBK 66 is a good unit, that's what I'm running. I noticed you have an intake kit. Do you also have exhaust mods? If not, the TB won't do you much good. Do the exhaust, then the TB.

No, I don't have any exhaust mods yet. So should I put off the throttle body until after I do the exhaust? What kind of exhaust mdos have you done?

I have JBA headers, a Magnaflow muffler, and custom 2.25" tailpipe. However, you just need a good catback setup (muffler and tailpipe).

I'm kind of afraid to do any exhsust mods because all the mods that I do have to be without my parents knowledge, and I'm afraid they'll notice exhaust mods.

you can go hi-flo without going loud. im thinking that the dynomax system is not very loud but im not sure. i would stick with single out obviously. if someone on the board doesnt have abetter suggestion i would call summit reacing and ask for a tech, they are uually very knowledgable of their products and can probably suggest something nice and exactly what you need.

If you go to a local muffler shop (not a chain like Meineke or Midas), they'll hook you up with a good system. My Magnaflow isn't too loud and sounds good. And a 2.25" tailpipe cut to look factory isn't noticable.

But, modding your parents car without permission may come back to bite your @ss!

Oh, I know modding the car is going to come back to get me. But it's worth it now while it lasts. It's just a matter of time until they find out, and hopefully I'll just get a lot of stuff done before that time comes.

Anyway, is getting a new exhaust expensive? I just got the KKM intake and my next mod might be a new MAF, but I was looking, and the one I want is going to put me back like $300. That's a lot of money. What about the exhaust? Is it an expensive one too?

Originally posted by diablo5969
I'm kind of afraid to do any exhsust mods because all the mods that I do have to be without my parents knowledge, and I'm afraid they'll notice exhaust mods.
I hear ya on that one. Just do it anyway, just be sure to dull up the new pipe. As for the new exhaust, if you go the custom route, It should cost you about $200. It's not worth it to buy a ready made one like a flowmaster or borla if you don't want it noticable.

diablo,
personally I would hold off on the exhuast until you buy the car from your parents. I would go with the borla after they will allow you too. Also if you know ou'll cat a cat-back exhaust system in the future then I don;t see why you can;t add the BBK 66MM TB now. i am running that one and it was nice. you may not notice as much gains as you would with a high flow exhaust, but it'll be better then stock

I'm not really positive if I will end up with a cat-back. I think it's one of those things that I'm going to hold off on until I actually have the car, and I have no idea when that will be.

I'll look into it. But I still think it's too early for exhaust mods. Just my personal opinion.

If i were you.. what i would do is take a poll and see what everyone thinks your next mod should be... personally i would go ahead and do the exhaust... I dont think its going to make much of a difference either way, but at least you can hear the exhaust, and its not that expensive... Take a poll!!!

Remember, dont go to big in diameter and dont try to make it true dual, you will LOOSE power.. do a search, yob_yenkom did a whole write up on exhaust mods and guidelines to follow. Unless of course your throwen a turbo or SC on there but his guidelines are very accurate.

Originally posted by ChuckyD
Remember, dont go to big in diameter and dont try to make it true dual, you will LOOSE power

I just wanted to clarify that this is true on the V6 ONLY. The V8 has such a restrictive exhaust, the dual setup will give more horsepower and torque than a single exhaust.

Well, I don't know. I'm still thinking. But thanks for the input

Back