• Register Today It's free!

time for new leaf springs?

watt9386

Reaction score
City, State
Croydon, Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt & 97 sport
here are the measurements that i got from the flat-ish driveway to the top of the wheel well.

LF:33"
LR:32"
RF:33"
RR:33.5"

time for new leaves? i cant explain the inch and a half difference in the rear. (i know that when we had the driveway installed they tapered it. i never thought it was THAT much though.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is the fuel tank located? That's your answer to the 1.5" difference.

Grab a passenger side leaf spring pack from another first gen in the junkyard or see if there's a spring shop that can re-arch your pack for you.

Doh! thanks weasel, shoulda thought that one through. i dont really feel like digging through mud/god knows what to get a leaf pack with more miles and possibly more sag though. so prob gonna go with something new? idk yet. and the tank is less then a quarter full, maybe an eighth. this is part of getting it road worthy :) :thumbsup:

ops double post

Do not forget also that the left side (drivers side is the one that always carries some weight also. every auto I had that had big miles sagged to the left side more if a gas tank was also on that side. we called it the driver sag.

also road crowns put more pressure on the left side as it gets compressed and the right is decompressed some when driving on them nature of the best.

Back