Timken Vs. Ford Front Hub | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timken Vs. Ford Front Hub

Newfy Trac

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport Trac
Made the mistake of being cheap and buying a $49 Front wheel hub. Lasted about 6 months. Just started humming...

So Rockauto has the Ford hubs for $210 with the EF discount -5%, or I can find the Timkens for $128/each.

Which way would you go ? Getting ready for lift and bigger wheels/tires so I'd rather not do this again in 6 months.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been running the timkens for about 2 years now with the lift and 33's with out any problems. I would say go for the timkens.

wheel bearing

Made the mistake of being cheap and buying a $49 Front wheel hub. Lasted about 6 months. Just started humming...

So Rockauto has the Ford hubs for $210 with the EF discount -5%, or I can find the Timkens for $128/each.

Which way would you go ? Getting ready for lift and bigger wheels/tires so I'd rather not do this again in 6 months.

Thanks

Buy the Timken, they are the OEM manufacture. You will be happy.

Timken is a well known bearing manufacturer. Go Timken, and spare yourself the cost of the brand name.

Timken.

Mind you I have used and abused my truck and they have been good to me so far. Between being in 3+ feet of water/mud and being air born numerous times I am absolutely happy with the timkens.

Even Timkens are not that bad as far as price for these I am used to my Dodge 3/4 ton axles they are crazy high. But agree you can get Timkens for around 100.00 each on Ebay.

I called timken with the same question and they told me they are the providers for many auto manufactures. Whatever you do don't buy hubs made in china. The price is very enticing but spend the little more for piece of mind.

I used to work at Timken, and manufactured the front hub assemblies. They are high quality american made parts made in Iron Station, North Carolina. We made hubs for Ford, GM, Dodge and Nissan. Go for the Timkens!

It seems many of the timken hubs i have searced for are listed as 4WD. Is the part number the same for 2WD Sport Tracs?

Back