• Register Today It's free!

Stock Ford Front Hub Cover

eastport

Reaction score
City, State
Eastport, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport 4WD
I need one front hub cover for a 1994 Ford Explorer Sport, 4WD, with Aluminum wheels. This is the cover that is open at the end for the front auto locking hub.

I believe this is a stock Ford part. I have been searching whe web and eBay for one to buy but have found nothing, surprising as I thought they were a fairly standard item.

Are thay a standard item, or did they come in a variety of sizes and bolt patterns?

Does anyone have a source for them on the net ? I live in an area fairly far from dealers and Junk yards so the net is best.

Thanks for your trouble, David Lewis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think what you are describing is the wheel center cap. The center caps are different depending on which wheels you have.

Thanks, Lt. Jim,

I have what I believe are Ford factory option aluminum wheels (I have seen identical on a number of Explorers in town).

The overall hub diameter is: approximately 6" with 5 wheel bolts and 3 screws holding it to the wheel.

Sport01WEB.jpg

Thanks for your prompt reply, David Lewis

I have the same wheels. On this forum they are referred to as "deer hoof" style wheels. The piece you are looking for is called the center cap. If you post in the wanted section of the parts for sale area in the forum I'm sure one of the many members of this site will have one to sell. If not and you want to check e-bay do the search for center caps not hub covers. Good luck.

Explorer Center Cap

Thanks to Lt. Jim and Jason94 Sport for your help. Once I knew the correct name I got on eBay and have purchased the hub Jason posted the link for.
Next step is drilling out the three broken screws imbedded in the wheel.

David Lewis

Back