• Register Today It's free!

Tire PSI

blackout881

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer 4.0
I recently posted on here complaining about my gas mileage with my 04 V6 4x4. All the tires have about 4k miles on them, and were all set at 30psi. About 90 percent of my driving is highway, and I was averaging about 16.5-17.5mpg. I decided to up the tire pressure in each tire to 35 psi in each tire. Today i made a 200 mile trip and averaged 21.3mpg in 92 degree weather with the AC on!!!!! Amazing! Im tempted to up the pressure even more but dont want uneven tire wear on my new tires. I was wondering what tire pressure people are running their tires at? Is it safe to go a little higher? The max PSI on my tires is 44. I dont want to get greedy with better mpg, 21.3 amazed me. Im happy with that. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been running 35 in all four tires since 2003 and also average 21 on the highway--unlike the sticker inside the driver's door and fuel door which recommends 30 front and 35 rear.

me as well with the V6, 35psi on all 4 and 21mpg on the highway.

i run at 36psi on all 4, and i get about 21mpg Hwy (on board computer with a reset after setting cruise) with a v8 AWD, 3.55s.

Back