Tire question for Canadians out there. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire question for Canadians out there.

Anyone tried the Roughrider M+S tires at Canadian Tire? I have had the AT's before and they were crap on wet pavement and on snow, but the M+S's are alot more agressive. I want a fairly agressive tire and these are about $200 less than BFG's or a set. I realize you often get what you pay for, but these are tempting at 125 per tire instead of 175.

So anyone tried them or know anyone who has? Mainly wondering about longevity, snow traction and drivability on pavement. I won't waste my money on them if they drive like crap or wear out in a year.

They can be seen at Canadiantire.ca, click on Automotive, then tires, then truck and SUV tires. They look like they are comparable to in between a BFG AT and MT for tread pattern.

Anyone??

I had a set of the crapy tire rough rider m+s.
After a year i still had about 1/2 tred on them. I travel about 100k each day to/from work and even a 5000k trip on them durring the summer. Also i play up in the mountains alot and never got a flat or stuck. (never been in deep mud though).

These tires are almost exactly the same as the big-o xt's hmmm?

Just remember that these are not a mud tire....just a very agressive a/t

as far as snow....not bad even in 3' (or #$@@$ cm) but crapy in the realy wet stuf.

as for ice...well.....gues what i did :roll: :fire:

I am currently runing ssr's however they are a little warn out....going to the new cooper stt's verry soon :p

REMEMBER! Yelling oh sh$t dose not stop your explorer from roling :eek:

Thanks for the reply. That was one of my main concerns, how long do they last and how are they in snow. Thanks for the good news. For the price, they are hard to beat.

...I think if you had a black box voice recorder in all vehicles, 99.9% would have "oh sh**" as the last words spoken in the ****pit! You could always do a Homer and turn the radio dial the other way so you don't roll...

Back