Whats the most agressive AT tire out there? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats the most agressive AT tire out there?

I want good off road capability, but I also want a AT tire, I would love to have MT, but I drive more on the road then off road, but there is the weekend trips to the camp sight, and I need traction in sometimes muddy contitions, and there is the times, that I do some heavier 4 wheeling too..I got a set of perelli scorpion ATs right now, and I like them, but they are explensive..so what is the most agressive AT tire out there..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have pretty much the same needs as you and i'm planning on a set of bfgoodrich all terrain t/a ko's (www.bfgoodrich.com)...seems like the best way to go if you need the best of both worlds, but it would probably be good to hear from someone who actually runs them too :D

I have been running cavalier sport kings from 4wheelparts.com and I love em. I'd say very agressive for a AT tire. Plus they're not very expensive at all. The tread design is pretty far apart compared to the bfg at's and they are good in mud if it's not too deep.

bridgestone duelers

hokie, are those on your stock rims?

the prielli scorpion at are awesome. as far as price, mine were about $200 cheaper than the bfg's would have run me

Generally speaking, I don't know that there is a more aggressive a/t tire. They're generally all the same. I'm running Pep Boys Futura tires and they're great. Even better that I only spent 100 bucks a tire and that's 33's. I've also noticed with my truck, I used to run a Kelly M/T tire and have gotten no difference in milage, and the sound difference is minimal. If I knew this, I woulda gotten a set of M/Ts over A/T's

the Dunlop Rover R/T is pretty nice too, pretty aggressive for an A/T.

radial_rover_rt.gif

so where and how much do those dunlop r/ts run?

113/tire for 265/75/16 at tire rack. They are also the third ranked "max traction" tire at tirerack.com.

well I need a 31/10.50/15s..

I just got a set of Futrura Dakota RVT's and in my opinion have the best tread for the money as far as AT's go. The KO's do not have a mileage warranty, the RVT has a 50k warranty. If you like the KO tread, but want a warranty and not pay a premium for a name then the RVT's are the tire. I just got 33x12.5R15's for $90 each at pep boys and they have a deeper tread than the KO.

banner.gif

It's the right one.
Ok, now I am going to send Pep Boys a bill for this....LOL

31x10.5r15 are $80

Originally posted by Hokie
Maybe the AT Revo's... the regular duelers aren't very aggressive at all. The revo's are nice, but not the most aggressive out there. I like mine though :thumbsup:

MMM. for your needs id say 100% get the revo. But the regular dueler IS an aggressive tire. I dont knw how to post pics here but in my photo gallery you can see some of the mud and sand ive been in and they pull through with no problem at all. So i wouldnt count them out. But the only reason i didnt get the REVO is because they arent made larger than 31's.

Originally posted by sk1er17
But the only reason i didnt get the REVO is because they arent made larger than 31's.

Unless you get 16" rims, then you can get up to 33"

*Just a general FYI to those reading this thread

Originally posted by Hokie
Unless you get 16" rims, then you can get up to 33"

*Just a general FYI to those reading this thread

Yea, sorry i guess i shouldve mentioned that. The REVO's only come larger than 31's if you get metric sizes (IE: 285/75/16 etc) . For standard sizes like 31, 32, 33's the largest they come is 31's.

And incase anyone else is wondering, i went with the 15" rims (so i needed the standard sizes) because i couldnt find a 16" rims with 3.75" backspacing and i wanted black rock crawlers.

Back