• Register Today It's free!

tire question

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
I will soon be putting a 3in body lift on my 01 sport trac. with a 1.25 or 1.5 torsion twist. I am planning on running a 285/75/16 or 33/11.50/ 16 tire I have been looking all just plain mud tires because of how "meaty" they look. I am deff wanting the "meaty" tire look so the question is what all terrain tire also have a very "meaty" look to them but will still last a decent while

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BFG all terrain is a great choice they last a very long time. had great luck with those. mud terrains will have a significantly shorter life span

Nitto trail grapplers are borderline ATs and the sidewalls look mean. I'd say Duratracs look pretty good too and they have good reviews.

if you need a cheap alternative check out www.treadwright.com they have awesome reviews from many off road magazines. their gaurd dog series is what i have and is like a hybrid tire not true mud terrain and not true all terrain. the gaurdians are a spitting image of BFG all terrains and cost half the price. in fact many of their tires mirror a mainstream manufacturers tire model

thanks for all the advice im slowly workin on makein the truck better just gotta take it step by step lol

I always recommend the Hankooks I have haha. In appearance the dynapro ATM is kinda like a mix between the nitto terra grappler and toyo open country AT. You won't read a single bad review, they last forever, and extremely quiet. I'll be getting them in a 285/75r16 when I can

Are 245/75/16s a suitable replacement for the stock 255/70/16s?

thanks for all the advice im slowly workin on makein the truck better just gotta take it step by step lol

That's EVERYONE on this forum! :D Do you have plans on regearing?

No I didn't plan on re gearing. I won't be doing much off reading anyway I'm just 2wd :) plus I didn't think with only 33's I would need to

Well that's your call. Do you do any towing?

Back