• Register Today It's free!

rims and tire question

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
Im puttin a 3in body lift with 285-75-16 khumo rd ventures on it. I have a aftermarket set of wheels but im wanting to buy a new set I have narrows it down to the helo he971. They have 16x10 with 4.520 backspacing and 16x8 with 4.500 packspacing. I dont really know how the backspacing works. I am wanting a deep dish wheel and tire that will stick out. Do what is going to be the differance in the 16x10 and the 16x8 and if anyone has a chrome 16in. Rim that is a "4wd looking" rim that you think might work better for the look im looking for i wont mind entertaining another set of rims. I am just wanting a 16in rims that jas the "4wd look" to it and is deep dish and these are the only ones I have found thanks in advance

With the 285/75/16 you'd be better off using the 16x8 wheel with 3-4" backspacing for that deep dish look. If you were going bigger like a 305/70 or a 315/75 then a 16x10 would be better.

+1. Unless you like the look of those ricers and the stretched tire look.

No im wanting the mean wide mud tire with deep dish rim look. And it shows how much I know because if I would have guessed befofe buying I would have got the 16x10 think wider rims would make it poke out more and give me the look im looking for

Back