Tire size | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire size

elgemcdlf

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
I just bought a 2000 Explorer XLS. It has the 4.0 in it. Currently sports 235 75R15 tires that need replaced. I was hoping to go a bit more aggressive. What size can I run (larger) on the stock suspension with no issues?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=153710

95-2001 (including 2dr 95 - present)
No lift- 31x10.50x15 on 15x8 rim
1-2 inch suspension lift - 32x11.50x15 on 15x8 rim/ may require some extensive fender trimming
4 inch suspension – 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 rim
2 inch body lift – 32x11.50x15 on 15x8 rim
3 inch body lift – 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 rim/ may require fender trimming
2 inch body lift and 1-2 inch suspension lift – 32x11.50x15 – 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 rim/ may require fender trimming
2 inch body lift and 4 inch suspension lift - 33x12.50x15 – 35x12.50x15 on 15x8 rim/ may require fender trimming
3 inch body lift and 1-2 inch suspension lift – 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 rim/ may require fender trimming
3 inch body lift and 4 inch suspension lift – 33x12.50x15 – 35.12.50x15 on 15x8 rim/ may require fender trimming.

You may be able to run 33x10.50x15s inplace of 32x11.50x15s

elgem, --- what Camp said. welcome to the forum. remember to use the search function. the chart, (and even more detailed) that Camp listed has been posted probably close to 100 times. the search function keeps down redundant questions, and you get the answer you need right away. (No Waiting). again welcome aboard.

why not spend $32 and lift it up?
all youll need to buy is shackles for rear. and twist the torsion on up a couple inches
i was able to throw 33s on. (with lots of trimming since i ran 33x14x15 boggers)

elgem, --- what Camp said. welcome to the forum. remember to use the search function. the chart, (and even more detailed) that Camp listed has been posted probably close to 100 times. the search function keeps down redundant questions, and you get the answer you need right away. (No Waiting). again welcome aboard.

I started with search. Term: Tire Size Came up empty for what I desired to know. I never found the chart referenced. As to redundant posting I actually think it beneficial (although it does get old) to a forum site. There is a limited number of real questions that can be asked. Once those questions have been asked & answered user interaction will cease. When user interaction ceases the site is no longer "alive" & falls to the wayside as only an archive. Make sense?

I appreciate the response & the quickness in which I received my answer. I do understand your point. I am well versed in forum usage & on other forums am one of those giving the answers. Here is my current project.

why not spend $32 and lift it up?
all youll need to buy is shackles for rear. and twist the torsion on up a couple inches
i was able to throw 33s on. (with lots of trimming since i ran 33x14x15 boggers)

Being a suspension person I know how wrong this idea is. I have no desire to alter the suspension. I am neck deep into my real project. This is only a transportation vehicle to me.

Well on a side note I like the old ford you got I recently sold my '71 F-100 with a 302 hancho? Hencho? Whatever the word lol has tons of performance mods was me and my fathers project for a while still miss that old truck

Well on a side note I like the old ford you got I recently sold my '71 F-100 with a 302 hancho? Hencho? Whatever the word lol has tons of performance mods was me and my fathers project for a while still miss that old truck

I have yet to find a person who sold a bump that did not miss it. Something about the memories they create. My bump is currently getting the engine warmed over. Going for 650 hp at the flywheel. Don't know if you made it through the entire thread but I have done front & rear suspension swaps along with many more mods. I am hoping to be able to paint it in a couple years. I am getting attached to the Explorer but it is just transportation to me. I doubt I will ever do much more than drive it.

I bought the ex for my wife as a daily driver and to pull the 4 wheelers up trail for riding and camping and bam I was hook once I started lookin around this forum actually stopped working on my silverado but I'm just about got it where we want it so we can still drive it daily or take it through the woods
I have thread on here called "the X so far" they are actually very fun and dependable to drive on or off road

null_zpseaf44b4d.png

Back