• Register Today It's free!

Tire/Wheel combo question

SmokeStack0

Reaction score
City, State
Hahira Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
I have a 2002 sport trac 4x4 I'm going to install a 3" torsion key/ 2" shackle lift.
I'm wanting to run 18x9's with a -12ish offset and a 31.5 or 32 inch tire.
Does anyone foresee any rubbing issues?

No but I see CV failures. Don't go over 2" torsion lift. 32s won't need that much anyway.

i have 1.75" of lift and can fit 265/75R16 or 32" tire with add-a-leaf (highly recommend this over shackle) and torsion twist

a rule of thumb on the tracs and any torsion bar IFS expo, trac, ranger, etc. is not over 2" of un-settled twist on 4X4 cause as hugh said CV axles go kaboom, and balljoints get grenaded.

hugh you're slipping on the add-a-leaf push. lmao

i have 1.75" of lift and can fit 265/75R16 or 32" tire with add-a-leaf (highly recommend this over shackle) and torsion twist

a rule of thumb on the tracs and any torsion bar IFS expo, trac, ranger, etc. is not over 2" of un-settled twist on 4X4 cause as hugh said CV axles go kaboom, and balljoints get grenaded.

hugh you're slipping on the add-a-leaf push. lmao

I'm less enchanted with them now. Still preferred over shackles but I am now considering SOA or custom springs depending on how much longer I'll have to wait to get the tons installed. Starting to think I just don't like leaf springs at all.

But to get back on topic, I'd recommend considering a long add a leaf for a '97 F150 instead of shackles. There's debate all over this forum for your reading pleasure. Choose what suits you.

Back