• Register Today It's free!

Tire rim combo question

_GRITS_

Reaction score
City, State
New Iberia, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I just picked up an '01 sport trac and was looking for suggestions on tires. Id like something slightly more aggressive and wider than the OEM, or would i need wider rims to get the tires closer to the edge of the fenders? Im not ready to lift it or go too crazy just yet. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get some 31's which you can find 10.5" wide, I think you can fit those without lifting. You might get some rubbing though. If you have 150 bucks to spare and a garage, you can lift it 2 inches and fit bigger tires which will give you more variety on tires. I hope someone else will chime in but I'm confident you could get away with that size tire on the stick wheel.

I asked before and a lot said I could fit 32s by 11.50 at the most with a shackle kit and TT

To answer the width Question. you can run up to a 12.5" wide tire on your factory rim without and issues except a few extra rim weights.
completely stock with stock rims, you could run up to a 31x12.5 tire with no lift. you would need to do some trimming however...
i was running a 29x12.5x15 tractor paddle tire on a 15x7 rim on my four wheeler for a while... short fat tires look awsome..

12.5 on stock rim? That seems a little risky to me

You're pushing it but still ok with an 11.50" tire on the factory 7" wheels but it's not safe to go any wider then that. You'd be ok with an 8" wheel for a 12.50" tire.

You're begging to break a bead with 12.50s on 7" wheels

Back