To 33 or not to 33 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

To 33 or not to 33

I too have the camber cam bolts I put them in when I did my upper arms. So what pressure do you normally run for street and off road I run 32~35 street and a little below 20 for off road but I was reading on some other forums that a lot of people go as low 8 psi! On a 15x8 And say you'll notice a much bigger difference south of 14 I ran about 14 on my.2wd for the beach never had issues so I might try it next time

I run about 28 - 30 all the time, I don't adjust much for off road. Lifetime align is a good plan, I can do mine whenever I want, been a Ford tech for more years than I care to mention!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm starting to get get more and more excited for my off-road trip coming up with the 33's plus I'm going with the ko2 bfg which is supposed to be an upgrade to My ko's that have served me very well the past 10 years can't wait to see what it'll do with 4.10's and a locker

I'm starting to get get more and more excited for my off-road trip coming up with the 33's plus I'm going with the ko2 bfg which is supposed to be an upgrade to My ko's that have served me very well the past 10 years can't wait to see what it'll do with 4.10's and a locker

That's what I'm running now, 33" BFG KO's, 410s and a over clutched trac loc in the rear. I used the Motorsport HP kit with carbon clutches and over clutched it, it will lock up darn near solid. I think you'll be happy with the 410s, mine is a very solid all around rig. The last thing I want to do is a 5 speed with a manual T case.

I was going to rebuild the trac lock when I did the gears and and locker and have heard about using the carbon fiber mustang clutches mine works great in loose terrain but is practically worthless on the rocks then again it's got like 250k on it my odometer stopped turning at 214k and that was a few years ago that 8.8 is pretty much the only thing that hasn't given me any problems what so ever.

Well honestly I try to wheel it as much as I can there just isn't much around me anymore without going on a small road trip so that's why I was leaning on the 4.10 because it does see mostly street and high way

That's why I did 4.10 LS as well. That way you'll be ok for 31's, 32's, or 33's and still not be revved out on the highway.

Ok was set on the 33x12.5 but I know they will rub so I started leaning back towards my 32's but I still really want 33's now Iv decided to go with 33x10.5 most likely not have any rubbing issues and will be easier on my steering and less rolling mass should be easier on my truck and mileage probably close to the 32 except the little added height that I will address with 4.10's as soon as I can I could use the 4.10's with my 32's already but it isn't a complete necessity. I think.it's a good compromise.

33's are so 90's, I am working on replacing my 35's with 37's.

Lol nice! I'd be totally happy on locked 35's sas , plenty of lift and a diesel truck and a trailer to haul it around...... maybe some day

33x12.5x15 maxxis big horns with rims that will fit my ex 1/2 tread left for $400 should I do it? better than buying new 32's or 33's for $900 + installed. And the guy lives 15 minutes from me.

00T0T_cgSIzfpVvyq_600x450.jpg

33x12.5x15 maxxis big horns with rims that will fit my ex 1/2 tread left for $400 should I do it? better than buying new 32's or 33's for $900 + installed. And the guy lives 15 minutes from me.

View attachment 150741

I would, are the rims 15x10? that would be the only problem I see, they may rub.

I'm not sure but I got 15x8 on my truck now so I could swap them and sell those worst case

Im just praying I don't have to trim but not really all that big of a deal.

Well turns out those tires were older than mine (they were from 07)so it's a no go I can't find any thing else used local so I might end up having to get brand new

Good thing you noticed they were older and didn't try running them on the highway. I've got a set of 15x8s steel wheels with a set of BFG MT 32x11.50s that are pretty torn up from wheeling if you need a set of cheap roundy rounds. I'd sell the set for $150.

How long you think they would last ? Im mainly concerned on having a dependable tire for the upcoming trip I hate hitting 70+ on the highway extensively on old dry rotted tires(iv been up there twice in the last 3 years in my ex and I was nervous the first time! Lol) if those will last me a few years I don't care if there chipped and chunked as long as there not approaching or over ten years old and dry rotted. $150 is a killer deal though either way even if I just wanted some muddys for Wheeling and stick to all trains for everything else . Lol I still have the money I ended up regretting pulling out for that dude on Craigslist
By set do you mean 2 or 4? My back tires are 9 years old but still have enough tread my front tires are old and bald on the insides.

They are a set of 4. I wouldn't use them on long highway trips, they are somewhat chewed up from rocks and what not and have a few slices in them (all hold air). They'd be great wheelin tires or spares. Here's a pic I have of them.

20170706_174540.jpg

They look good is it the age\dry rot you wouldn't use them on long highway hauls? They look evenly worn too from what I can tell unlike my tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 are decent and 2 are worn uneven. There are some slices in the tire, you can see in the pic 1 lug is almost torn off. They are great wheelin tires or spares, just wouldn't recommend depending on them for daily use. I'm in the oceana area of vb if you want to check them out.

Back