• Register Today It's free!

to bodylift or not?

exsport1211

Reaction score
City, State
las vegas nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer sport
i drive my 02 sport 4wd and want to use a 3'' BL to lift it higher.i already have shackles and tt but my supervisor says it will cause trouble later.i live in the desert and my ex is a desert truck so rust at the body mount points shouldnt be a problem.i ve heard its bad because it blocks the radiater some and the idea of using a steering extension isnt that appealing. but i know there are replace ment steering shafts.any input or experiences are welcome plz share.i know a lot of ppl run them so if you do let me know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an 02 Sport (except mine is 2wd) and I've had my 3" BL in since around mid-March. So far, I've had no troubles with it, so I personally see no issue with installing it. You actually shift the radiator up with the body via kit brackets, so theres no issue with airflow either. I've run the same temperature the whole time, with or without the BL. No problems with the steering linkage yet either, she turns just fine, before and after. The only thing I've noticed is it shakes like crazy when the speedo reads 60 mph (which is around 75 actual due to my VSS being off due to the tires), but other than that, no real issues as of yet, after having it on for 6 months. Check out my signature on the BL write-up and you'll see what I mean about shifting the radiator up along with the body. Hope this helps ya. :salute:

good write up.the shaking shouldnt be from the bl .is the shaking in the steering wheel or the whole truck

The whole truck starts shakin like shakira's ass :D Not too sure what's going on, but right when I hit 60 on the speedo, it starts goin to town, but before and after that, everything is fine.

probably the shackles causing the driveshaft angles not to be equal, they change the pinion angle,,
i took off my shackles when i did my back springs and my vibration went away,

Mine was shaking and I thought my alignment was off, but it turned out I had a bad wheel bearing and the tires were worn. Rotation, balance, and a new bearing completely fixed the problem.

i think im gonna get a body lift soon to. wish i could get a suspension lift but i dont have the money

Back