• Register Today It's free!

To bridge or not to bridge

jiimi

Reaction score
City, State
St. Mary's County, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4door 4wd XLT
I can get either a 2 speaker box with 10" subs, or a 1 speaker box with a 10" sub. I have a 2 chanel 250 watt amp, only 1 set of RCA jacks out of my head unit so a 4 chanel brigded is not possible. AM i better off bridging to a single sub, at 250, or just regual i think its like 100 or 125 non bridged to two speakers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

we need more info. what subs? what amp?
i run 4- 15" subs bridged mono.
there's a lot you can do.

Im not sure bout much more info, i know the 2 sub box is a jbl. and the single is a jensen i believe. not sure bout the amp. Unfourtunatly i dont know much bout the range the speakers can handle, i know they both can handle the 250 watts but thats bout it. its a 2 chanel 250 watt amp. it has a built in subcrossover and can be bridged mono. thats bout all i know. Im basicallly looking to see if two 125 watt speakers are better than 1 250 watt speaker. thnx for any help sorry i don't have more info right now

i think you would be a lot happier with the 2 jbls than the one jensen. they are most likely 4 ohm svc subs, so you cant bridge the two of them on the amp, as that would create a 2 ohm mono load (which the amp probably cant handle).

there are a lot better subwoofers out there. how much were you looking to spend on a setup?

I know i can probly get better stuff, but fourtunatly this stuff is coming free to me so its not that big of a concern. Is there a way i can test my amp, or the different ways to hook up the speakers to test what i think sounds the best. IVe seen them set up, regular the L + - going to the L speaker and same with the right or the L - and the R + going to a single speaker. is there any other way to set it up? obviously i don't know much bout this, any help is apprecieated.

since they are single voice coil subs, the best way is to hook up one to each channel or bridge them in series @8ohms mono. if you bridge them @2ohms, the amp will fry if it is not a high current amp.

Back