To buy or not to buy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

To buy or not to buy?

I am a farmer with over 1000 acres of muddy gumbo fields. For the last three years I have used a 92 Chevy blazer for a farm truck but it is about dead and time to replace it. I found a 95 explorer, 4 door Eddie Bauer with high miles but it is priced right enough and seems to run good. Before I buy it I searched for a lift kit and it seems there is a problem with 95 explorers being lifted because the torsion bars might be welded to the frame from the factory. I would like to run Supper Swamper TSI Boggers size 33"X12.5"X15LT and I see from the chart that a 3" body lift will allow that with finder trimming but if the torsion bars are welded I am not sure what to do. Should I pass on the deal and look for something else if the torsion bars are welded?

I think from everything I have read you cant do a body lift on explorers, however I could be wrong since I don't know the specifics. Seen enough people lift their trucks though so must be something that can be done.

Welcome here and yes, Buy the Explorer...:biggthump

...Click on the "How to" in my signature and you will find a ton of info...;)

yes you can do a body lift, as Tbars4 said check that link it has a bunch of info

...He pm'd me last night and I sent him to all the good links...I hope he is out getting his X today...:biggthump

...And I hope he let's us know when he does get it...

Back