Toasted Explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Toasted Explorers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

eek!!

wow, sad to see brand new X's going to waste like that :eek: :(

the intensity of the blaze, which was hot enough to melt the steel diesel tanks, and the presence of the magnesium engine blocks.
Since when do they make engine blocks out of magnesium?

I think the back one is fried too...look at the flame at the rear window...

that really sucks.. all those nice x's gone to waste

Originally posted by Gonzo
Since when do they make engine blocks out of magnesium?

thats what i was thinking.

just curious, wouldn't there have been some massive explosions as the fire got to the gas tanks? I personally have never seen a gas tank explode, but I would think it would be pretty destructive.

So do the new explorers come with a diesil option now??

That happened near me. It was depressing :(

Originally posted by jshexplo96
So do the new explorers come with a diesil option now??

i was wondering this also.. steel diesel tanks.. hmm... unless he was talking about the trucks tanks.

Originally posted by jasonb
i was wondering this also.. steel diesel tanks.. hmm... unless he was talking about the trucks tanks.

He would be talking about the truck tanks....

From what i have seen gas tanks DO NOT explode when fire is near. We had a reall really really bad farm fire about 6 years ago in which our 2 1500 gallon each fuel tanks went up. In one was 1250 gallons of diesel and in the other was 1500 gallons of gas(just topped off the previous day). Well they did bellow out quite a bit and all but never exploded. Just shot flames out of the top about 100 feet tall or so. Man it was scary too because we thought for sure that they would explode. And if so it would have taken four 25 foot long propane tanks with them for sure along with the farm. I have seen some prety big fires but this one was enormous!!!! Too bad they couldnt save those exploders. Well i guess they lived up to their unrightfully given nicknames that time. Would have been nice to save one and for payment get to drive it home and keep it. lol. Kind of like rescuing a puppy. lol.

Fuel tanks won't explode if they are full. It's when they are empty you have to watch out. From what I understand about fuels, the actual liquid doesn't burn. It's oxygen mixed with the vapors from the fuel that burn. That's why you have a carb. or injectors in your engine - so it turns the fuel into vapor quicker. Your engine will still run if you just trickle gas into the intake manifold, but not very well.

i would love to have an explorer for a puppy. finally a dog with a good growl.

I dont know about his exhaust but mine roars like a lion......................Oh you mean the explorers exhaust????...........................Sorry just had Taco Bell. My bad.

Hehe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

at least they looked like they were all 2nd and 3rd gen x's.

Back