• Register Today It's free!

Toggle Switch found....

dothedeww

Reaction score
City, State
West Friendship, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
So i bought my X used about 8 motnhs ago....

I was wiring up my CB radio yesterday, and removed the paneling on the left side of the console (drivers side) by the drivers feet. Out fell a toggle switch, on/off, turned on....with 2 wires running into it. Is this factory...or any ideas what it might be? Im tempted to switch it to off but Im a ltitle worried to, just in case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Other than turning it off and see what happens ur only other choice is trace the wires and see what its wired to

True. Does anyone think it could be wired to my Viper remote start system? Is that a possibility?

I say try it but make sure u have a window down incase it is for the alarm/remote start

Most my car alarms have had a push button switch for the alarm override but I did have a couple that had toggle switch too. If it has a viper I wonder if that is it. Let us know as it is most interesting.

switch

turn it to off and the viper r/s probably will not work. alarm and keyless will work but not the r/s

Vipers have whats called a neutral safety wire. most shops when installing them use this toggle switch. This is for your viper. Like stated above if you put it in the off position it make it so the remote start will not work but all the alarm functions will. This is incase you are doing engine work and disconnect the battery and there is no hood pin installed.

the toggle is for the safety of the remote start , it is supposed to be shut off, when serrvice work is done under the hood, it disables the starter ,
that is so that if somebody keys a remote and the frequency is the same the engine doesn't start , and chew somebody up in either belts , or fans,,

Back