Tonneau bed cover problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tonneau bed cover problem

just letting you know but many of us have a wide range of covers from OEM bi-fold to one piece hard, to snap vinyl, velcro vinyl you name it some one has it.

i personally am not familar with the "roll and lock" cover you speak of. are you referring to a pace edwards auto retracting rolling cover? if so those work like the old school roll up blinds you pull back to release the tension then the spring "pulls/rolls" it into a box at the front. if you pull to release the tension and let if fly forward then it will bind up just like old blinds do

Not familar with that cover but I'd check the channels that the caster roll in and see if there's something blocking the channel. Also if can access the inside of the roller mechanism check for something jammed in there as well. Could be as simple as a twig or a little rock.

yeah sorry about the lack of details as i just bought the truck. I was able to fix it today the adhesive that attached the vinyl had worn off and the pieces of metal were jammed in the box... just had to be re glued and re attached.. thank you guys for the help.

Back