• Register Today It's free!

Torque converter?

limon

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Sport Track
I have a question i have a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac xls 2wd 4.0L SOHC V6 5R55E 5 speed transmission and im looking for a torque converter that fits on my engine and transmission?
Any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The transmission type is 5R55S. This is the most common but there can be some others. Really need the code off of old converter to properly identify. Also the converter to flex plate requires an alignment fixture. Can roll the dice and do it without the fixture, still a chance of damage to transmission, converter or both if not installed correctly. Are you replacing the converter for a reason?
Brad
26738BFB-AF0B-49C4-B8B9-6822AA275519.jpeg

The transmission type is 5R55S. This is the most common but there can be some others. Really need the code off of old converter to properly identify. Also the converter to flex plate requires an alignment fixture. Can roll the dice and do it without the fixture, still a chance of damage to transmission, converter or both if not installed correctly. Are you replacing the converter for a reason?
Brad
View attachment 326259
Alignment fixture?

Brad
View attachment 326259
Pulled my engine, reinstalled it after chains, there's no alignment fixture. You line up the holes to the flexplate and bolt it together. 50k miles since, no issues.

Back