Torsion Bar Question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Bar Question.

TMelton

Reaction score
City, State
im from abilene TX, but live in germany (military)
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I was looking at my torsion bar adjuster bolts, and the passenger side bolt hangs down past the mounting body, and the drivers side is up inside the mounting body, incase that dont make any since, passenger side looks backed out and driver side is almost all the way tight.
now thats just how it looks, but the front is still stock height and the right and left are even. is this normal?:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Somebody could have adjusted it for wear at some point in time, to level it back out from the drivers side sag.

I was looking at my torsion bar adjuster bolts, and the passenger side bolt hangs down past the mounting body, and the drivers side is up inside the mounting body, incase that dont make any since, passenger side looks backed out and driver side is almost all the way tight.
now thats just how it looks, but the front is still stock height and the right and left are even. is this normal?:salute:

Yes, As far as I know, every Explorer I have seen is like this. Even my truck is like this.
Also the torsion bars are not equal length. Note the picture below.

Right = passenger side
Left = driver side
69closer_look.jpg

I just did the TT on mine and before i started i noticed my drivers side bolt was just slightly farther in than the passenger side.

When I turned them in though they both went all the way in to get me exactly 2 inches per side.

cool well thanks for all the help

Back