• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Twist Question

MFC Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Peabody MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
so last summer i did a torsion twist on my explorer the problem is that im not sure how high i went. i know i didnt do a full two inches. i lost my measurements and was wondering if any of you guys who have done it have your measurements of what your truck was when it was stoick height so i could get an idea of how much more i could twist them. or if anyone knows of a cheap way to get an extra inch of lift in the front that would be great. i have a 2000 xlt

uh that I can remember the measurements at the bolts where the lower control arm attaches to the crossmember were 10" stock and then 11 1/2" afterwards. Then 12 1/2" with the 31" tires. Do you understand where I am talking about?

so last summer i did a torsion twist on my explorer the problem is that im not sure how high i went. i know i didnt do a full two inches. i lost my measurements and was wondering if any of you guys who have done it have your measurements of what your truck was when it was stoick height so i could get an idea of how much more i could twist them. or if anyone knows of a cheap way to get an extra inch of lift in the front that would be great. i have a 2000 xlt

Man i did my tt today!:D befor the tt i messured 33 from ground to fender wel but thats on a 4dr 98 explo xlt idk if this helps... i cranked mine up to 35 to the fender wel and it looks great:)

thanks a lot guys ill have to measure mine and see if im near any of those numbers

Back