• Register Today It's free!

tow hooks

99stocksport

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I have recently gotten myself hooked on mudding, and am quickly realizing that one day I am really gonna get stuck. i have a tow hook in the rear but as far as the front end goes I have norhing. I would like ot install two tow hooks on the front, but i can not seem to find a place to do this, the bumper is in the way, or atleast it is to my inexperienced eyes.
i have a 1999 explorer sport 4x4 if any of yall have any suggestions as how i can install some tow hooks or something else that i can use to pull my truk out of hte mud from the front i would be very greatful
thanks,
Davis

99stocksport said:
I have recently gotten myself hooked on mudding, and am quickly realizing that one day I am really gonna get stuck. i have a tow hook in the rear but as far as the front end goes I have norhing. I would like ot install two tow hooks on the front, but i can not seem to find a place to do this, the bumper is in the way, or atleast it is to my inexperienced eyes.
i have a 1999 explorer sport 4x4 if any of yall have any suggestions as how i can install some tow hooks or something else that i can use to pull my truk out of hte mud from the front i would be very greatful
thanks,
Davis

You can get standard tow hooks from any automotive parts store and mount them on the frame rails. Here's a link on how to put tow hooks on the front end of a 2nd generation Explorer. Dead Link Removed

Back