Towing mirror extender recommendations? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Towing mirror extender recommendations?

I want to get those mirror extenders for the side view mirrors on my 99 explorer. I tow a 20 foot boat with a 8 foot beam and would like to be able to see around it better. I'm looking at the temp kind that I can easily put on or take off to use only when towing.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Found one!

I looked around on the net for a while and didn't really find what I was looking for. Then the other day I was walking through Walmart and they had exactly what I needed. Straps on to the 1999 Explorer's existing side view mirror and works great. About $20.

I love that mirror you posted in that link above, however..... it will NOT fit my truck since I have the lighted mirrors. The mirror is shaped wider/longer on the bottom and the slide on mirror wont physically go on there. Is there any other options like replacing the entire mirror with a real one made for a truck/towing? The stock one sucks because it's like a small car mirror. I tow my pop up down to the keys and can't see anything except the camper. When I aim it further out to the sides then I get a huge blind spot from the truck to the camper. Theres not really much room to put a bubble mirror either.

Back