TPMS Won't Reset | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TPMS Won't Reset

It was the 12v port. Plugging in cell phones chargers caused it to lose the TPMS signal from one or more sensors. Brand new OEM sensors. Was it where the TPMS was mounted? Bad TPMS module? My chargers noisy? The wiring picking up interference (I wired the console myself). Who knows? I normally turn off TPMS in my vehicles anyways because it's annoying. I regularly check my tire pressures. I maintain my tires. I swap tires for purpose. I don't need a nanny and haven't had a flat on the road in over 20 years.

It was the 12v port. Plugging in cell phones chargers caused it to lose the TPMS signal from one or more sensors. Brand new OEM sensors. Was it where the TPMS was mounted? Bad TPMS module? My chargers noisy? The wiring picking up interference (I wired the console myself). Who knows? I normally turn off TPMS in my vehicles anyways because it's annoying. I regularly check my tire pressures. I maintain my tires. I swap tires for purpose. I don't need a nanny and haven't had a flat on the road in over 20 years.
I know that some members have had issues with remote start when they leave items plugged in. The TPMS module is under the back part of the console in the retail units.
1700934612192.png

Peter

Back