Traded in the Ex today, new car pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traded in the Ex today, new car pics

i think your jealous, because you cant afford an over priced german car LOL.. :D

the fact is, american cars cant compare to german cars. period.

here is my over priced german car.. audi s4

test.jpg

test2.jpg

Danny, i like the benz man.. and im sure you will as well. the way it drives and the build quality cant be touched by a similar american car imo.

Nice car.

I drove my bosses Mercedes 550 i believe it was.

Nice incredibly smooth car.

Too bad the paint job was ruined by sun damage!

Mercedes aint my thing either, i think they are over-priced and expensive to repair.....and seems to be a mad "craze" for mercedes lately...its like a trend almost, lol.

I dont know if i'd trade my Mounty in for a mercedes, but i would definately sell it for a cobra mustang or maybe an Audi TT, or maybe a BMW M3 or other sports car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I was a kid we never had the money for new cars but my dad was a body man and for a while had dealer plates so we had some fun cars. He bought an old '77 mercedes that was hit hard in the rear and another one that was hit hard in the front. He took the two of them and made one car. I do not remember the model but it was a big one with the v8 motor. I drove it some back then. It was a nice car. You could feel how much better it was built than American cars in all the little details. I took a girl on a date for the first time in that car. The exhaust system eventually rusted out and when he found out how much it would cost to replace it he parked it. It never got back on the road.

Most cars have some good things going for them. They all have flaws. It is just about what you like at the time. There is no good or bad.

I dont think I would "buy" a mercedes for the exact reason mentioned...expensive to repair. However, I took a new job about 2 years ago that is pretty close to my house now...I used to drive 35 miles to work one way... my wife drove the sedan and I drove the ex. But my wife drives 35 miles one way now so she got the Jeep and I wanted a sedan. So because mileage wasnt a problem and because i get sick of cars quickly, I opted for a lease.

yea, over the last 3 years, the audi has cost me 300$ a month average on repairs. something doesnt go wrong every month, thats just the average. with a 420$ payment, and 200$ a month in insurance, its a huge liability.

Nice car! Excellent choice. Loved your ex, but your sedan is nice too. Hope you get the most out of it man!

Wow I'm not into benz's however they really seem to have went the aggressive route with styling, me likey! Looks good in the white too!

congrats on the new whip.

I personally wouldn't buy a Benz because of the repair costs considering I've put 18K on my mounty since I purchased it in May.

Premier: The S4 isn't a german car... it's a god damn work of art; I love that car.

I second that. An overpriced German car does nothing for me. :thumbdwn:

But It is a nice car. But you could have gotten a Taurus/Sable or a that is just as nice for a third of the price. Or if the "status" is your thing, a Lincoln for half.
Speaking bluntly, you are insane. A Taurus is of absolutely no comparison. And a Lincoln is barely comparable, but will fall short on on performance, and handling. It's like saying why'd you buy the diesel dually, when you can pull a trailer with a Ranger.

Speaking bluntly, you are insane. A Taurus is of absolutely no comparison. And a Lincoln is barely comparable, but will fall short on on performance, and handling. It's like saying why'd you buy the diesel dually, when you can pull a trailer with a Ranger.

the Lincoln MKS and the Caddy CTS are both comprable to the C-class.

and the new Taurus SHO is a mean lean performance machine

How much cheaper is the Caddy and Lincoln? Sure SHO's are fast, but it's still a Taurus.

I dont think I would "buy" a mercedes for the exact reason mentioned...expensive to repair. However, I took a new job about 2 years ago that is pretty close to my house now...I used to drive 35 miles to work one way... my wife drove the sedan and I drove the ex. But my wife drives 35 miles one way now so she got the Jeep and I wanted a sedan. So because mileage wasnt a problem and because i get sick of cars quickly, I opted for a lease.
Danny, I think you made a good choice. I've always owned/worked on American Made, and after proudly serving our country for 24 yrs I AM still a proud american - But German engineers have always done better than ours (They don't have to satisfy the union boss). I wouldn't get the Benz for me only because yoy can't use it as a farm truck like my Ex is. If I were on the road again, I'd definitely lease a quality car. Hope you enjoy her, and if things in your life change again, who knows you may end up with an Ex again!
Vern

How much cheaper is the Caddy and Lincoln? Sure SHO's are fast, but it's still a Taurus.

I know the CTS with nav, heated seats, sunroof, auto and AWD can be had for around the 36K mark.

I'll tell you what, I saw the new SHO at the Cleveland auto show last week and it is really nice, especially the LED's they put on the front spoiler. I will miss my ex tremendously, especially when it comes to hauling material from home depot but thats what the wifes new liberty is for...she just doesnt know it yet. I told her I added a hitch to her jeep so we could still use the bike rack but its really for the trailer. :)

I wasn't going to comment on this anymore, but Well... speaking bluntly, you are an idiot! (No offense, joking) But that comment is idiotic. You can make all the dumb non-fact based comments you want, but you could also compare a Mustang GT500 vs a Porsche. Double the price and makes the penis feel larger, but the GT500 will blow it away! Period. And that is based on fact. Been proved in many magazine tests. You could also SAY a Ferrari or Lamborghini is better than a Ford GT, but it blew them away in many tests for a third of the cost. But then again "it's just a FORD". :rolleyes:

Well, then lets compare your Explorer to a Land rover, same basic vehicle... but YOURS is "just an explorer"

My wife and I are very happy with a "crappy" Taurus. As a Ford technician, I can tell ALL of you it is a helluva lot more reliable car than ANY overpriced German car. And the maintenance and repair bills will prove it.

Don't mean to act like an arse, or offend anyone... but some of these stupid non-factual comments gripe my nerves.:mad:

I am a proud American who tries to buy American when I can, not just because I support American jobs, but because I believe Americans can build a product with quality just as good or better as anywhere else in the world! :usa:
I am not bashing German cars or any other imports, I like them, I just have no desire to buy one.

Lol!

I dont understand the bashing, I dont like german cars, wouldnt own one. But thats the car HE LIKES for whatever the reason, its a nice ride, and the quality beats the CRAP out of our explorers. some comments should just be kept to yourselves. :thumbdwn:

:thumbsup: Everyone has their choice... I'd buy a German car, no prob. Point well made, that's his choice. :)

Because this is an EXPLORER forum, not a Mercedes forum... and trading in an Ex for that is a travesty in my eyes.

So as this is a public forum, we're ALL entitled to our opinions as such. If we were attacking him personally, I could see your point, but since we're talking about cars here if anyone feels personally insulted that's their problem.

Well, this is not a public forum; it is for members only... And this happens routinely: people talk about their trades, it's not a big deal. Chill ;) This Forum is called Explorer Forum, but it's also about Rangers, All Other Makes and Models... Relax man, it's aaalllll good! :thumbsup:

Id take an american car over a german car any day for a few reasons... German cars are over priced, expensive to fix and really expensive to get parts for. I mean dont get me wrong engineering wise they are second to very few select american european and asian cars but i dont feel like spending 80 bucks for an oil change lol and trust me i know how this is with my wife's 05 turbo beetle 1.8T.... its a ***** lol everything is different on german cars. BE AMERICAN BUY AMERICAN!!! IMO lol (These statements are my views and you are welcome to disagree but i wont be swayed on these oppinions) :thumbsup:

Not to disagree, but...

Id take an american car over a german car any day for a few reasons... German cars are over priced, expensive to fix and really expensive to get parts for. I mean dont get me wrong engineering wise they are second to very few select american european and asian cars but i dont feel like spending 80 bucks for an oil change lol and trust me i know how this is with my wife's 05 turbo beetle 1.8T.... its a ***** lol everything is different on german cars. BE AMERICAN BUY AMERICAN!!! IMO lol (These statements are my views and you are welcome to disagree but i wont be swayed on these oppinions) :thumbsup:

The people that buy "high-end" European vehicles go into it knowing the expense, because they have the cash to maintain them. When something goes wrong, they pay and drive off... And some of those vehicles are built in the U.S.A, so they employ Americans. I will only own a Ford (Explorer/truck) as a primary because I choose to, but I own a Scion too, and another Ex. But if someone wants to own a Volvo, Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Infiniti(?), or anything... I gots no pro'lem with that... Your opinion is respected. :):thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, then lets compare your Explorer to a Land rover, same basic vehicle... but YOURS is "just an explorer"
a land rover is much nicer than an explorer.. its british though and their cars are known for poor build quality.
My wife and I are very happy with a "crappy" Taurus. As a Ford technician, I can tell ALL of you it is a helluva lot more reliable car than ANY overpriced German car. And the maintenance and repair bills will prove it.

Don't mean to act like an arse, or offend anyone... but some of these stupid non-factual comments gripe my nerves.:mad:
its the same as a neon.. srt4's are fast cars, but its still a neon. same with the sho. have you ever owned a german car? they used to be pretty un reliable, in the 90's (especially audi), but thats changed for the most part. mine has never broken down on me.. it costs a lot to maintain, but its a high performance car, and i drive it like one.

I am a proud American who tries to buy American when I can, not just because I support American jobs, but because I believe Americans can build a product with quality just as good or better as anywhere else in the world! :usa:
I am not bashing German cars or any other imports, I like them, I just have no desire to buy one.

pfft.. i support america whole heartedly, but this is the most retarded statement ever. the car companies here arent even ran right.. they are all going bankrupt. i will not support a failing business, thats how i feel.

Back