Traded the Sport Trac in and got a Fusion. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traded the Sport Trac in and got a Fusion.

JoeCool6972

Reaction score
City, State
where ever I may roam...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
Karma is beating me to death for some reason in 2009 and early 2010, so my life sucks, had to do something to make the bills go easier. So I traded my 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac in this past Wednesday on an 07 Ford Fusion. Hated to do it, but was behind on the payments 3 months, and it needed tires at $700. I got a new job earlier this month finally but I make about half what I used to make at the Ford dealer. I hate the pay and work at the lube place, I was a REAL technician... But I guess in this economy you take what you can get! So the $400 payment was almost impossible with all my other bills. Got $16,000 for my truck with all the mods, it was worth $14,000, I owed $15,000. Got the Fusion for $11,000. So roughly it will save me over $100 in payment plus about $75 per month on gas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey- Economy is tough right now. The Fusion is a nice car. I'm sure the ST will be back in some form at some point! Not a bad deal...

You have to change your board name now....your no longer cool:(

Just Kidding!:p: Congrats on the new purchase:thumbsup:

congrads on the new purchase u got pics of it

Werent the tires new?

No, got the tires from the Ford dealer I worked at. Two were new takeoffs, two were used tires from the scrap heap that had 6/32 left (June, 09)

Joe, it's good that the car trading worked out for you. You shouldn't beat yourself up over the trade. I understand the feeling of losing the ST but then again....I put a lot of time and $$$ into college and a "big boy job" and you're still driving a better car than me. Much better, I assure you. I've been wanting to add a Fusion to the lineup for quite some time. They're really nice cars. Congratulations.

u plan on doing mods on ur fusion joe

Sorry to hear it, during the 'gas boom' I traded in my 05 super crew F150 5.4L for a 08MKZ.. I just took a bath on the MKZ to get a used 07 sport trac.. I couldn't take a car any longer, even something as nice as the Lincoln I had... Good Luck man!

Back