• Register Today It's free!

Trailmaster 4" Lift

Concept156

Reaction score
City, State
Golden, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited
Question: With a little bit of work on the rear torsion bar bracket the '98-00 Trailmaster 4" lift will fit a '95 Explorer, right? Also with four inches, do I need to do any extra mods so that my rig will run? Like, CV Joints, driveshafts, Slip-yoke? Also, if I wanted to stick 33x12.5R15 underneath, will a four inch lift allow me to do that without fender cutting?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In my opinion you will need a body lift installed also in order to fit 33's.

Is there a body lift for '95+ models?

No- If you do a search on this site you will ses that you will have to use a Ranger lift and modify the bumper brackets. Do a search I know Sinjin and GJerrett have both done this. One w/ a two" and the other with a three" Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot... that is if my parents let me keep the Explorer... :) Having car issues, I may not be an Explorer owner soon :(

Concept156,
You might need to replace the front drive shaft also. It just depends on each truck. Even if I hadn't changed the transfercase, I would have had to replace the front drive shaft, because it would hit one of the crossmembers. I just found out today that a plate has to be added to the rear torsion bar bracket that would keep the pork chop in place and not move around. This plate had to have a depression grinded into it the size of the pork chop. The pork chop is what the torsion bar fits into and is what's adjusted. Without this plate the thing moves and will break the adjusting bolt. I also have a 2" body lift, because I wanted to run 35's. Well, it wasn't enough, and I would have to cut too much of the front fender, so I am back down to 33x12.5r15's. I believe that Juan Felsmann just has the 4"lift and is running 33" with no problem. Hope this helps. Dead Link Removed

Back