Trailmaster '98-'00 update... | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trailmaster '98-'00 update...

10'' 90-94 Dana 44 Straight Axle Conversion Kit

I've been seeing a lot of ?'s about Fabtech, but maybe what some of you are recalling is the Kit made by Fabritech. I can't find a web site fort them, but they sell through Tom's Bronco Graveyard, and National Tire & Wheel. Links below:

http://www.NatlTire.com/pages/conversion.html

Dead Link Removed

I've been drooling over this kit for a little while now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all, I contacted National Tire (natltire.com) and asked the sales rep about the availability of the 98-00 trailmaster lift. He said that they had none and quote "they've been bought out and it's damn near impossible to get anything from them." GREAT!!! He said they were bought out and moved to California. It seems like our friend on this site must have snagged the last one in stock.

I've been contacting 4 Wheel Parts here in the Bay Area and they can't get a hold of them either. It seems like we're back to the drawing board for lift ideas. I've been with this great site for close to 2 years (98 sport purchased in May) and us 95 pluses still have NADA. Oh well, more waiting, I guess I'm getting used to it. And yes, I've considered modding other lifts, but I wanted a turn key system and the warrior/torsion is just not enough. Superlift may be our only hope.

One more thing, I just called Superlift and asked them about their 4", they said that their really targeting the Sport Traks, which is the same set up as 98 and newer. Their sales rep said that they should have something by this spring and to call back in 6-8 weeks. Maybe there is some hope, unless they get bought out and moved to Canada.

That Sounds typical...

I am not sure who you talked with at National Tire, but I would ask for Dave. He was very helpful.

They were in the process of moving last sumer. Everything was very unorganized from what I am told.

I would not give up on the Trailmaster lift. They are slow and most dealers are very frustrated with their service. This might explain the behavior of the sales person that you spoke with.

Keep the faith my friend.

[Edited by Djohnson on 01-11-2001 at 03:29 PM]

Back