Tranny Bolt | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tranny Bolt

bought a truck last night. will pick it up today when $ clears the bank.

2001 f150 XL supercab shortbed. 4.2 w 5speed. white with limo black tint. probably illegal tint on front window. modest interior. only extra was 6 disk changer. and they had the floor i wanted - black vinyl (have 2 boys and we live on a farm = dirty interior) 53k on the ticker. tow package blah blah... asking price was 11,300 we got it for 10,300. blue book was 13,300 so i feel good about it. i was surprised how roomy it is esp in the back seat.

I'm envious... I need a tow rig! We are looking at a deisel powered F 250 or Chevy duamax in club cab configuration for my wife to drive instead of her 97 Ex. It would get better mileage, give her the "I can be seen on the freeway" thing that she is looking for, and also double as a tow rig for the other truck/trucks.

i hear you. the 23mpg is going ot beat the hell out of the 14mpg at best i was getting in the ex.

i think ive decided to go with a carburated 302/c4 combo in the ex. i can get a 302 for cheap. reuse my manual tcase. also its going to be convertable. i have the axles to put in there so when its back on the road it will have 37s rinding on 8lug d60 rear d44 front. most excited about it being a convertable.

my new DD/TR
3P7220007-med.JPG

my plans for the explorer for the next year:

-chop rear roof from back door to tail lights.
-bob rear about 10"
-make top removeable
-roll cage for rear (square tube of course)

-swap in HD 8lug axles that are under the dodge (actually rebuilding the HP ford d44 but using the dodge HD parts - except r&p)

-carburated 302
-c4

tires no less than 37" tall.

Back