• Register Today It's free!

Tranny cooler install ?'s

scorgnetic

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
I have a 99 Sport and I have a few questions about a tranny cooler install.

1. Did all of the sports come with a cooler or was there a tow package that a cooler came with? The reason why I am asking this is because I have a factory cooler installed already.

2. What is the easiest way to determine the feed and return lines?

3. Should I keep the factory cooler and run my aftermarket also or ditch the factory?

4. I dont see a drain plug on the tranny, is there one or should I just drain the tranny from the cooler lines?

Any and all help will be appreciated. Its really really cold in my garage and I want to do this as quickly as possible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you having overheating problems with the factory cooler? What is your tranny operating temp?

Actually, I'm getting ready to move from NY back to Cali and will be towing a trailor. So, to answer your question, I have no apparent problems and would like to put as much distance between me and problems as possible.

By the way, the stock tranny cooler looks like a pain in the butt to remove.

Thanks
Randy

I have never had any overheat troubles using my stock cooler.

A couple things you might want to do are:
flush tranny and replace fluid with synthetic
Add an external filter

Good luck....

I already have the cooler which will be I will install one way or another, just looking for some info. I am learning that explorers are a lot different then eclipses;)

Besides, you can never have to much insurance.

Randy

Back