• Register Today It's free!

Tranny troubles.

wannabeprerunner

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt 2wd
i need help i did a tranny filter and gasket on my 96 explorer 2wd xlt 5.0 AND WHEN I TOOK OFF MY PAN THERE WAS A LITTLE YELLOW PIECE WITH AN O RING ON IT THAT WAS AT THE BOTTOM OF MY PAN THE PIECE KIND OF LOOKS LIKE A SMALL TOY TOP WELL I COULD NOT FIND ANYWHERE IT SHOULD GO SO I PUT MY TRANNY BACK TOGETHER AND IT IS SHIFTING BUT WHEN IM IN FIRST GEAR IT SOUND LIKE IT IS GRINDING NOT VERY LOUD BUT IT IS GRINDING ESPECIALLY WHEN I LET OFF THE GAS FROM ANY SPEED ANY HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your post into its own thread. That part is just a plug. It also means that the pan was never dropped to replace the filter until now. There is a sticky thead on the top of this section about this.

Yeah i found that the tread about that plug.But now since I changed the filter when I go into first gear it sounds like it is grinding?Anybody got any info about that?Is my tranny just going out?

there was alot of metal on my magnet and metal in my pan that could have been band parts

Back