trans wire harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trans wire harness

mountaineer04

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 mountaineer
i broke the trans wire harness on my 04 mountaineer v6 5R55S trans is there a repair ford wants $500 i have seen repair kits but not very specific thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

think it only comes as a full harness..... think around 5-600 dollars..

i broke the trans wire harness on my 04 mountaineer v6 5R55S trans is there a repair ford wants $500 i have seen repair kits but not very specific thanks
There are two options, if you broke just the solenoid block connector (it´s a tail harness repair kit--$30-$40), or you need the whole harness from the tranny to the ECM. that´s a dealer part named "wire assembly " I got for my 05 explorer and pay only $139....

Please tell me where you bought this. I also need one ASAP. THANK YOU!!

So how does the harness that attaches to the solenoid pack come out? Ive got the solenoid pack removed, the 10mm bolt is removed . The harness plastic part that goes into the transmission is cracked and I would like to replace it or see if I can repair the crack but I need it out of the transmission and it will not come out of the top even with the bolt removed . I don't want to wedge on it cause of the crack but pulling on it , twisting it, pushing it from the bottom does no good. I can get a replacement harness and splice it in with no problem but I've got to get that old one out first.

Back