LOCKONS7RA7US

Reaction score
City, State
Everett washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 , eddie bauer
Callsign
Taco Run
Hey my dudes was open for possible transfer case upgrades with its better to rebuild , buy new ,etc .. I'm thinking of buying new but I'm just starting to dip my toes in the aftermarket transfer case world . any help would be much appreciated . its stock now figured since im ganna be doing work under there figured id see what possibilities are out there .

Atlas 2 or 4 speeds, have direct bolt on cases for your 4.0L
STaK used to make a nice bolt on 3 speed case, and do come up for sale used sometimes.

Doublers using your stock 1354 has options.
Behemoth, & Northwest fab eco box, are new bolt on reduction cases. Adapter plates and splined shaft kits, are also made for making a 1350/1354 case yourself.

There are also 203/205 kits floating around the webs.

Search in the 1st gen modified, off road, and build threads for more detailed info.

Atlas cases are really nice, but pretty expensive for the average off roader. If you are just pushing 33's -35's on stock gearing with the 4.0 the 1354 will handle that just fine. At the rear wheels the 4.0 might put out 120hp and 200 tq. If you are just looking for a better crawl ratio, I'd look at a 1350/1354 doubler as a cheaper option.

You start locking axles, regearing, increasing tire size, then it's time to start looking at a tcase upgrade.

Back