Transmission and Transfer case Ques?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission and Transfer case Ques??

I have a 95 explorer thats needs a new tranny and transfer case. It has the orginal 4r55e trans and the original transfer case. It sounds like from what I've read in these forums is that the auto trans out of earlier explorers,rangers (a4ld?) are about the same and should bolt right up no problem to my 4.0? as for the transfer cases the older ones are bw1354 and they should also just bolt right on correct? The 1354 are elec shift right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, i can understand the tranny going out, but the heck caused your transfer case to go bad too? As for the tranny, just swap it out for a 5 speed like i did, worth the time, trust me!! haha

Happy trails!!

Originally posted by CoryL
The A4LD will bolt up no problem.

The t-case from a 95 Explorer should be a 1354 electric.

Not all 1354s are electric, but most of them are.

Actually that's not right.

You need to have a 4R55E from a 95 explorer for it to work right The 4R55E is computer controlled. The A4LD isn't.

And the TC is not a 1354, it's a 4405

hey just wondering why you call your explorer "expedition" did it come that way factory?

Back