transmission crossmember rusted out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

transmission crossmember rusted out

zekepiks

Reaction score
I requested help on this problem back in march but I am still not having any luck, I have a 93 ranger xlt reg cab with the 2.3 and 5spd od, the crossmember is the type that has rubber bushings that bolt to brackets outside of the frame rails. I live in michigan and the mount bushings have rusted away. I have searched all over for a good used mount even on the internet with no luck. if I do ever find one they are shot, But I have noticed that all kinds of rangers in lots of years just have a regular crossmember that just bolts to the flange of the frame,I don,t know if the one with the rubber bushings was just one of Fords better ideas and only used on some rangers or if anything else would interchange. please help. Skip

My lil brother treat his ranger (used to be mine) as 4wd and bented the cross member, We decided to make our own cross member with solid metal and uses rubber bushing to dampend the shock. It work very well..

you can get ahold of kbabiak who is a member here...he can get you the part...also, if you go to the bottom of the forums page you will see him listed as a vendor, good luck...:D

Back