• Register Today It's free!

Transmission help!!! Plez!!!!

blackbelt980

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Ridge, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ranger
Ok. I have a 1995 ranger 2.3l automatic with a 4r44e transmission,and ive been havein transmission problems for about a month now. It first started with the o/d light flashing and then it progressed to loss of o/d. I replaced the ABS and the turbine speed sensor. Still problems. I also flushed and replaced the fluid and filter. I read on the forum that tightening the bands might help. I just finished that today and I have overdrive now. But the o/d light is still flashing and it goes into limp mode like it did before. So please i need help. please im all out of ideas. I need to fix it as soon as possible..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...You need to have your codes checked as it may give us a better idea as where to start...

...Did you just start replacing stuff or did you have a code first that you worked from???

...You need to have your codes checked as it may give us a better idea as where to start...

...Did you just start replacing stuff or did you have a code first that you worked from???

Um at first I would randomly have a code for the turbine sensor. But then I replaced it. And ever since then i havent had any codes. But still the flashing o/d light, and the "limp mode"

Like i said in the other one. There is no code coming up. I check it daily and nothing changes. That is why i am out of ideas .

Back