transmission problem 2014 explorer limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

transmission problem 2014 explorer limited

bluewatersailor1

Reaction score
City, State
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer limited
I have a problem. I have a 2014 Explorer Limited with the 2.0 ecoboost engine and 6 speed automatic transmission. When traveling at about 78-80 miles uphill in 6th gear and I try to downshift (overdrive) to 5th gear it literally bangs or shifts so forceful I think it is going to break. It cannot be build correctly. I doesn't do it with the rest of the gears. I took it to Sandy Sansing Ford in Daphne Alabama and they told me they couldn't duplicate it. Help! I've posted it twice.

I'd suggest you ask them to go for a ride with you and see if you can duplicate it yourself.

I have a problem. I have a 2014 Explorer Limited with the 2.0 ecoboost engine and 6 speed automatic transmission. When traveling at about 78-80 miles uphill in 6th gear and I try to downshift (overdrive) to 5th gear it literally bangs or shifts so forceful I think it is going to break. It cannot be build correctly. I doesn't do it with the rest of the gears. I took it to Sandy Sansing Ford in Daphne Alabama and they told me they couldn't duplicate it. Help! I've posted it twice.
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Is this something you can make happen 'on demand' ? If so then as suggested by orangesoda123 and transman304 in your other thread, have a tech from the dealer go with you on a ride. Other than that, I doubt there is anything anyone else can do. The tech/dealer has to be able to have the condition duplicated before they can try and diagnose it.

Peter

Right, so, now the transmission started leaking fluid. The dealer (after a lot of hoopla) got me a loaner and kept the car, said they would take care of it and fix it.

My question is, why the leak, and is it related to my other problem?

Back