Transmission problem?? HELP!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission problem?? HELP!!

Reaction score
City, State
somewhere
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 ford exploder
ok, my moms 93 ford explorer 4X4 is messed up, last night it started to shudder and shake when she was accelerating, and it seemed to not want to shift or anything, it would just rev really high. we parked it and we could go in reverse just fine, but then we couldnt go forward or anything and we tried all gears. it just started to roll backward when in Drive, we asked autozone about the transmission fluid, and we put some in, and it seemed to be better for about a couple minutes, then it started to act up again, should we put more transmission fluid in the car? im sick of this car, i hope its not the transmission.. o and her radiator fluid was some kind of orange brownish color.. does she need a radiator flush or something? i hope someone can help me with this car..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the transmission fluid level before you added more? Do you know what the transmission fluid level is now? Does it need more?

How many miles on the transmission? When was it last serviced?

god i honestly have no idea, some old guy was checking it out last night and said the level was fine once he added the fluid into the car, but i think it might need more. how do i know? transmission was rebuilt i think when she got the car about a year ago. maybe she needs a new filter? i have no idea.

god i honestly have no idea, some old guy was checking it out last night and said the level was fine once he added the fluid into the car, but i think it might need more. how do i know?

Ummmmm, you could check the level of the transmission fluid?

transmission was rebuilt i think when she got the car about a year ago. maybe she needs a new filter? i have no idea.

Neither do I.

yeah i dont have the car with me, its about 20 miles away in a walmart parking lot..lol, what is normal on the reading? when i get there i can check

Back