• Register Today It's free!

Trip to the junkyard

Link338

Reaction score
City, State
College Station, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 5.0
Hey guys. My wife decided to include my 98 5.0 in a multi car pile up damaging both front fenders, the front bumber, passenger door, and grill all at once. I'm going to go to the J/Y this weekend and pick up two fenders. What tools do I need to bring with me to accomplish the removal of the fenders? I already know what I need to remove the bumper since I had to remove it in the middle of intersection due to the fact it was jammed in to the tires. Thanks!

on my 95 it's 8mm under hood, 10mm in door jamb and Philips head screws in wheel well

I would take a standard socket set (3/8 drive from 1/4 to 15/16ths) and metric (3/8 drive from 6 mm to 18 mm) along with extension, ratchets, and wrenches from 3/8 to 1 1/16 and 6mm to as big as you have. Add in 2 phillips and 2 regualr (1 long, 1short) screwdrivers, a BFH, crowbar and hacksaw. Dont forget that jack! You know your gonna see something else you want/gotta have and you will need more tools than you think. Or at least when I go "picking", thats what I wish I brought, along with more money, a bigger truck to haul with and some help. But maybe thats just me.

I'd also take channel locks and a pair of side cutters.

Back