TROLL where ya at? changing engine parts | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TROLL where ya at? changing engine parts

hey Troll so do you have any recommendations on the supercharger? is the powerdyne the best choice for my application or do you think different. well man thanks again. bye.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Rocket5979

Before you buy a Powerdyne, check out the prices on Superchargersonline.com. You can save yourself about $300 bucks. Dom

Hey what about heads? the 5.0 explorer comes with the gt-40p heads which i hear are pretty good. but is there any other head out there that i could put on my X and get more power? and if so how much horsepower gain could i get? has anyone else done this and if so what were your results?

First things first, my seats still have not come in yet. Second thing is that the powerdyne kit is the only kit I think is still sold for the explorer. It is a very good blower for beginers. You can max their blower at around 10 to 11 psi. As far as heads go it depends on the money you have. You can get a aftermarket head for $800 all the way up to $4000. I like eldelbrock, tfs, canfield, and holly. Any aluminum heads will be an improvment. I know some people with some heads for sale so if you want any just email me.

Troll -

I checked again. They did not come in on the last shipment from Italy.

Here's some potential bad news. I also just found out that the factory in Italy takes the whole month of August off for a national vacation. My sister has the sales guy checking it out again & I'll try to keep you updated.

do you think the powerdyne xb-1a head unit would be overkill for what i want to do? or should i stick with the bd-11? it is gear driven which i like because i know it will last longer and there will be no belt slippage or anything. i still have not decided yet.

Back