Solved - Troubleshooting Transmissions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Troubleshooting Transmissions

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
2001 ranger AAMCO problems

My 2001 ford ranger lost reverse then 1235 I took it to Aamco who told me my reverse band broke because my bearings went out also had a crack in Transmision case and the torque converter was full up metal pieces from reverse band. So I put up the 1900.00 to fix it. Btw this transmision had been rebuilt in September 2013 by the same Aamco. Ok back to now I got the truck back had it for less than a week when the same thing hPpened I lost reverse. Took it back to aamco they had put the wrong size transmission case on. So I get it back for the second time and the od light starts blinking again I call aamco and he tells me to drive it for a few days to see what happens. Wtf why is this happening

Maybe find a different Aamco, they can repair it under warranty. I never heard of a wrong size case, sounds like a manager just telling you something because they don't know what happened. Any shop is only as good as the people who work there. Good luck.

Back