tt lift after problem

moose1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
coupville, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
Ok so i did the tt lift maxed out the bolt but it seems there is a wierd noise, like a kreeking noise everytime i start to a ccelorate from a stop, what could this be, anyone heard of this before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are u 4wd, if so the front driveshaft could be loose since u completely cranked the t bars

how do i check this?

look for a short driveshaft that runs from the transmission to an axle that runs from each wheel to the center of the front suspension. in the middle there shuold be an axle where the shaft connects, see if it is loose or if there is a lot of play in it

It seems to be coming from the back thow, as i just noticed, could it be my shocks if i still have factory ones or could it be my leafs and the shackels, but i will go check the shaft right now.

well i just layed under the truck, and get this the leaf spring on the passenger side isnt sitting flush to the axle theres like a 1' gap, wtf, i've been driving like this. I had a shop take the blocks out of the back and it looks like they didnt tighten down the u bolts. But either way the shocks are making that stupid kreeking noise, is this normal if there worn or is it because of the lift. I used shackels for the back there not making any noise thow.

moose1 said:
well i just layed under the truck, and get this the leaf spring on the passenger side isnt sitting flush to the axle theres like a 1' gap, wtf, i've been driving like this. I had a shop take the blocks out of the back and it looks like they didnt tighten down the u bolts. But either way the shocks are making that stupid kreeking noise, is this normal if there worn or is it because of the lift. I used shackels for the back there not making any noise thow.

If the shocks are old they may just need replaed. You have to figure that they are now operating in a static range that they have never before operated in.

As to length. I still run the stock length shocks and have had no problems. They do stop the front about an inch before the CV shaft binds, but to me that is a good thing. On the rear they allow for plenty of articulation.

The shackles will get squeeky as hell once they wear in and get a bit dusty. I try to keep them lubed in the winter to keep it quiet, but come summer I travel hundreds of miles of dirt roads so just ignore it. They are loud though! Ask Albino he has got to listen to me squeek up many a trail.

20122301_28.jpg

Back