TT Lift! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

TT Lift!

greenmtnboy

Reaction score
City, State
North Clarendon, Vt
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford F250
How do you go about doing a torsion twist? I am getting 2"-2.5" add-a-leafs for the rear of my rig and I see that every one is doing TT lifts to the front! I was wondering how difficult it is to do a TT lift or if I should even do one to begin with? If anyone has any comments of ideas they will be graciously accepted and seriously contemplated. Thanks - Nate

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Xplorer12686

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
if you are 4wd, you shouldnt go more than 2 inches. search for torsion twist, many threads and a how to about it.

96limitedX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
i only got 1.75 outta mine. ..but you just crank up the ajuster bolts..then have it alinged.

yeah also..like the guy above said..if your 4x4..dont go over 2"

greenmtnboy

Reaction score
City, State
North Clarendon, Vt
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford F250
Thanks for the answers, guys! I now know what I am going to do to my X. I am getting ProComp add-a-feafs for the rear and doing a TT to the front. Someone contacted me at my SoundDomain site to give me some advise and I am taking it. Later - Nate

bitchinexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
i just recently got a 00 limited explorer and im gonna crank the torsion bars but ive never done it but i know how....when yall get about 1.75 inches of lift out of yours, how much do you turn the bolts? thanks.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
how much to turn the bolts depends onhthe vehicles current specs... there is no way t osay turn bolt 10 turns tight... ther procedure is listed here on this site.. you will find it with a search. you will need to take actual before and after vehicle measurements

Xplorer12686

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
one side for me was about 10 and the other was 15 i think. maybe not that hugher but they were not that same amount of turns. and yes definetly take before and after measurements.

izackary

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
maybe we'll have a TT party and do yours and Matt's at the same time :thumbsup:

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC (Home) / Raleigh, NC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
haha you guys think about it too much ;) just turn them, and measure...and repeat if necessary until wanted results are reached.

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
izackary said:
maybe we'll have a TT party and do yours and Matt's at the same time :thumbsup:

Yeah, and when I get my newer truck this spring, will you guys help me out? And so y'all don't have to come down to Connecticut, I'll meet you guys anywhere you want :)