• Register Today It's free!

tube bumpers

ToughCountry

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell Junction NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport
where can i get tube bumpers for the front and back for a 2nd gen?..do they make them or do they have to be custom..if anyone makes them and reads this im willin to pay so let me know

thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Custom...someone on the site has been trying to fab up some for 2nd gens. I think he said that once he got them the way he wanted he'd sell some. Not sure though, and I can't remember his name.

damn well i guess ill have to find out who he is since i need to talk to him...thanx tho someone will know im sure

You could also try checking out some local shops. I'm sure someone(not 4WP) will have the skills/care to build bumpers for something other than a Heep. ;)

I'm one of the few who is working on getting some stuff for the 2nd gens out, though tube bumpers from me are going to be sorta smaller tube (1.75" large maybe for doing 2") and more of a prerunner type, I also havent even though of a tube rear bumper design...

someone said cherokee sports are the same width, so you could buy one of theirs and just fab the frame mount maybe. but then your spending 400 bucks on something that you have to cut up

and keep in mind that cherokees(xj) are unibody and the bumpers are going to mount in more than 2 places...more like 6 places i think...i could be a lil off, but you get what im saying. i've thought about doin this with an arb bumper, but man, thats a lot of money for a bumper that wont just bolt up. maybe someone has done this and can share.

call TJM get a bumper for a ranger, modify the mounts to fit the explorer frame horns and your all set

I plan on getting a Ranger prerunner bumper from James Duff and modifying it. I just gotta pony up the $400+.

Back