• Register Today It's free!

Tune up from Hell Broke 3 plugs

fastfords

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
This thing hasn't been tuned in a while I changed 5 out of 6 plugs n wires broke 3 in the process and 1 socket swivel.I currently have another socket stuck on the back passanger side that won't budge .The 3 plugs on the driver side are done,when I removed the old plugs they had some oil at the tips what does these mean ?

Did you use a proper spark plug socket?? If so, it should have a nut shaped end on top. Find another socket that fits it and extract the broken plug/stuck socket.

If it is indeed oil on the plugs, it either means worn valve guides, or rings are leaking past the cylinders.

Had some help get it out ,I was using the sparkplug socket that comes attached with a swivel ,we used a screwdriver to set it free then used a different sparkplug socket.Got the following things done...Oil change,oil filter,air filter,fuel filter,spark plug s and wires,windshield wipers and cleaned the battery terminals.You can tell the difference it starts stronger now kinda had a weaker start before.Now my next thing is getting the defroster to work, nothing happens when I turn on the a/c or defroster.My 4x4 light panel switch wont work either could this be a fuse or relay?

Well after a 1st half of watching the cowboys game took a hammer to my blower and made my heater work which is great cuz this will be my winter driver,now all I need is work on the 4x4 to work.

Back